Aligners are mouth guards made of transparent material. They contribute to the displacement of problem teeth due to pressure on them and form a correct bite. With the help of transparent aligners, teeth move smoothly to align the dentition. This can be due to backward movement or expansion of the dental arch. Why do aligners have an advantage? The movement is delicate and smooth, so the patient does not feel pain and the integrity of the bone tissue is not disturbed, the gums are not deformed. In the case of their alternative – braces, such smoothness is more difficult to achieve. The orthodontists of the Yonker Great Smile clinic work with high-quality and reliable products from foreign and Russian manufacturers, which allows you to achieve an even dentition even in the most difficult cases.
Features of bite alignment with aligners
Aligners for straightening teeth are considered the most convenient way to correct bite. Most patients prefer them to metal braces. Here are the main advantages of the method:
invisibility: mouthguards can be seen only by close examination of the interlocutor’s teeth, therefore among our patients there are media personalities, actors. For example, Alisa Selezneva, whose review can be found in the reviews section;
no damage to the mucous membrane: aligners do not have sharp, protruding elements, they do not injure the cheeks from the inside and lips;
no problems with diction due to small thickness, slight inconveniences may occur only in the first 3 days;
minimum visits to the dentist: the patient changes the caps on his own according to the schedule and comes to the appointment no more than 1 time in 1.5 – 2 months;
the ability to eat and brush your teeth in the usual way without restrictions, simply by removing the structure, this is an important point. You do not need to change your diet and give up steak or nuts.
In terms of their effectiveness, aligners are not inferior to braces and are significantly superior to removable plates. With their help, it is possible to correct the most difficult malocclusion, restoring the beauty of a smile to the patient.
Indications for the use of aligners
Mouthguards are indicated for the following problems:
- improper or insufficient jaw closure;
- excessive crowding or fragmentation of teeth;
- rotation (turning), tilting or bulging of individual teeth;
- growth of teeth (usually canines) outside the row
- all types of bite pathologies: mesial, open, distal, etc.
- Often, one patient has several types of malocclusion at once. Aligners are effective in this case too.
What aligners do we use
- Invisalign This is the number 1 mouthguard in the world. Now there are more than 5 million patients and clinical cases. The advantage of this system is that doctors around the world have access to a variety of treatment plans and undergo continuous training, communication and exchange of experience. The aligners are distinguished by high transparency and durability; they are made with jewelry precision in accordance with the characteristics of the patient’s dentition. Their use is allowed not only in adults, but in children over 7 years old. Manufacturing is concentrated in America, so in our clinic you receive a treatment plan and in 2-4 weeks the Invisalign laboratory provides mouth guards.
- Star Smile . These are Russian-made aligners, which differ in a more affordable price, depending on the number of aligners in the set, as well as quick delivery of the kit. Our colleagues are actively involved in the development of technology, but compared to Invisalign they are still young. Despite this, it was with this manufacturer that we decided to be the first to develop aligners for children with milk bite and now we are conducting such treatment.
- Stages of treatment with transparent trays
- Preliminary consultation. The patient is examined by an orthodontist. The orthodontist takes impressions, takes 5 intraoral and 5 extraoral images. Takes a snapshot of the shoulder section in order to track the position of the spine and related specialists (therapist, orthopedist, hygienist) during treatment. This allows you to take into account all the nuances of the state of the oral cavity and draw up a treatment plan, as well as voice its cost in accordance with the price list.
- Diagnostics of the condition of the temporomandibular joint. The peculiarities of his work have a significant impact on the condition of the teeth and occlusion and should be taken into account in orthodontic intervention. The manufacturer Invisalign strongly recommends a thorough diagnosis, we are the only orthodontic clinic in Moscow that does this during treatment, both on aligners and on braces. Why is it important? Because the entire dentition is connected, and the position of the joint is important to take into account in the treatment so as not to have negative consequences.
- Production of a system of aligners based on impressions and inspection results.
- Actually, the treatment itself. The patient receives a set of aligners and instructions for changing them. Unlike many clinics, we give out almost all mouth guards at the beginning of treatment. The process requires periodic follow-up examinations of the orthodontist.
Aligners are contraindicated in the following conditions:
- acute and chronic diseases of the gums and periodontal disease; Therefore, in such situations, we first treat periodontal disease, in our clinic there is a specialist.
- impacted (not erupted in time) teeth; our surgeon takes on even the most difficult cases.
- the presence of a large amount of tartar; therefore, before the procedure for installing the mouth guards, the hygienist will make you professional hygiene, show you where you do not sufficiently clean the oral cavity with the help of a special contrast.
- anomalies in the structure of the jaw, we have complex cases when other orthodontists recommended maxillary sinusitis, but in such cases, options are possible, this is not an ideal treatment, but a rather comfortable compromise.
- Most contraindications are relative. The specialists of the PROPRICUS clinic will prepare the patient for treatment with aligners, relieving him of these problems.
- How to deliver aligners in Moscow?
- If you constantly communicate with people and cannot put braces on, if your case is too difficult for dentistry in the neighborhood (narrow problems should be treated by a narrow specialist), We will cope even with severe bite defects and give you the opportunity to smile without embarrassment. To find out the price for the installation of aligners, depending on the complexity of the bite, sign up for a preliminary consultation now. Phone and WhatsApp, social networks and a feedback form on the site – we are available everywhere.