The best way to clean aligners is to brush and rinse with warm water, using Invisalign aligner cleaning powder or special cleaning tablets. To maintain oral hygiene, it is very important to brush your teeth after every meal before inserting the plates.
Are there any dietary restrictions during treatment?
No. Unlike most traditional arch supports, the Invisalign system removes the adjusters at mealtimes, allowing you to eat and drink whatever you want. It also makes it easy to brush and floss after every meal to maintain oral hygiene before reattaching the aligners. We recommend wearing an aligner 22 hours a day.
TRANSPARENT PLAQUE (ALIGNER – INVISALIGN) TREATMENT
In orthodontic treatments;
- Aligner treatments are a treatment model designed by emphasizing both appearance and usage advantages.
- The aim is to put wires, brackets, etc. in the mouth, without braces, as in the traditional method. It is the realization of a treatment in which there are no images, but still the teeth are corrected. It is also known as wireless orthodontic treatment by most people . With the support of computer-aided technologies, the treatment range of ‘aligners’ is expanding today.
Because orthodontic treatments are less frequent than other dental treatments and are somewhat unusual, braces have become a general focus of attention. However, most of the time, the treatment conditions offered during braces treatments can act as a deterrent in the treatment decisions of people.
‘Align’ is an English word meaning to align. In other words, aligning the teeth and arranging the teeth in an aesthetic way was initially the main goal of these plates. Today, it can be used in a wider range to solve dental problems in a certain framework.
While most of the patients want orthodontic treatment for crooked teeth, sparse teeth, cramped teeth and tooth position disorder, they do not want the braces to appear. Transparent appliances are almost invisible as brackets and metal wires are not used. They can be easily removed and put on when necessary in daily life (for example, while doing dental care). Thus, routine dental cleanings such as tooth brushing and flossing are much easier than braces.
What are the Advantages of Transparent Plaque Treatment?
The most important feature of transparent appliances is that the appliances that perform the treatment can be attached and removed by the patient himself. This gives a person great freedom. He may not be able to use his short-term plates at crucial moments. Since it is very practical to put on and take off, this procedure does not affect the treatment much. However, it is essential that the total usage time is not less than 20 hours per day.
Another advantage of transparent appliances is that they are almost invisible compared to traditional brackets and wires. If you think that you use a new one every 2 weeks, you will immediately start the next plate before the transparency of the plates goes away, and this allows you to use new and transparent plates all the time.
In addition to its almost invisible visual advantage, your transparent plaques that can be used for 3-5 months are produced with the measurements and molds taken from you. In your visit after using the plates, the measurements and molds taken again according to the improvement rate of your teeth and the number of visits to the clinic during this period decrease depending on your doctor’s permission. Therefore, it is possible for you to come and go for treatment easily from outside the province or even abroad at long intervals without disrupting your plans. You have the chance to spread your plans to the intervals you want, not according to the treatment, but as your orthodontist deems appropriate.
You get visible results in a short time,
- It is much more useful in terms of hygiene as you can easily take it off and put it on.
- It is much more comfortable than traditional bracket treatments,
- Since there will not be any wire and metal in the mouth, you will not experience problems such as sores and stinging in the mouth,
- You can protect your taste by removing your plaques during the meal.